The Limited edition Spitfire jean is the ultimate in luxury denim. With only 200 pairs ever made, each pair features an original piece of spitfire metal,* taken from the wing of a redundant plane in Duxford, England.
Every piece is laser cut, then hand-painted with original numbers adding a unique luxury badge detail to each pair. You are literally wearing a piece of history on your back pocket.
The denim is a luxury stretch blend, finished in a medium blue, with vintage wash detail and red stitching. The Spitfire is offered in a Slim fit.
- Mid blue luxury vintage wash achieved through the process of introducing soda during washing, followed by scraping the denim by hand
- The buttons and rivets are constructed from a unique alloy that prevents oxidisation, increasing the life of the finished garment whilst maintaining the Spitfire image
- Limited Edition number identification on the badge
- Vibrant red stitching
- 100% cotton lining including pocket hanky with bespoke rounded design
- 4% Cotton
- 6% Elastane
*(The original SL633 aircraft the metal is taken from has now been rebuilt and is flying again)
BUTTONS & RIVETS
- Constructed from various metals forming a unique alloy that prevents oxidisation, increasing the life of the finished garment whilst maintaining the Spitfire image.
- Genuine piece of metal from the original spitfire plane SL633 used in the production of every waistband label.
- Waist band plate hand painted by British artist using the original colours and design of the SL633 plane, set in 100% leather label treated with semitransparent dye and finished with special wax coating to give a heritage look and feel.
- Every label numbered by hand laser from 001 -200.
- Vibrant red stitching.
- 100% cotton lining including pocket hanky with bespoke roundel design.
- Luxury vintage wash achieved through a technical process involving introduction of soda during the washing process and a hand process of scraping the denim to achieve the resulting colour and focused fading effect.
- Buttons and rivets are composed from recycled waste product in one of the only factories in the world that uses 85% recycle waste in its production.
- Origin of denim: Certifications for sustainability, including Oeko-tex standard 100 certification, the GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certification for products made with 100% organic cotton, the OEP (Organic Exchange Products) certification, and the ISO 9001 & ISO 9002B certifications.
- Leather label: sourced as a waste product from the beef industry. Manufacturer obtained the 9002 in 2002 and later the 2003 NP EN ISO:9001/2000 in support of environmental recognition for their ethical standards.
- 96.4% Cotton
- 3.6% Elastane